- Freeholds are limited to one per account.
- Freeholds are approximately half an acre in size.
- Expansions and upgrades become available as node progression allows.
- Freeholds may not be sold to other players.
- 1 Freehold placement
- 2 Freehold buildings
- 3 Housing decorations
- 4 Freehold professions
- 5 Processing
- 6 Underrealm freeholds
- 7 Freehold building skins
- 8 Freehold benefits
- 9 Freehold security
- 10 Freehold destructibility
- 11 Guild freeholds
- 12 Housing types
- 13 Real estate
- 14 Artwork
- 15 See also
- 16 References
- Pathing routes (Roadways).
- Dungeons and other points of interest (POIs) regardless of advancement.
- Spawn areas.
- Other freehold plots.
- Hard terrain features, such as mountainsides or cliffs.
- The current design allows placement of freeholds anywhere in the ZOI of the node that the certificate was purchased from, including its vassal nodes. This may change as the result of testing.
- Depending on where you achieved- where you procured the certificate from, as long as it is either in the parent or the vassal area, it could be a part of either. You give that declaration when you lay down the freehold. But like I said, that may change because we are actively defining a different approach on some of the vassal systems. – Steven Sharif
- Freehold farms
- Guild halls
- Lumber yards
- Basements in freehold buildings are to be decided.
- Certain buildings will have multiple tiers, with different footprint sizes. For example: Small, medium, large, to mansion-sized homes.
- A mansion sized home may occupy up to 50% of a freehold plot.
- Cosmetics can also be applied to a blueprint based on the type of building.
- Players are not locked into any particular race for freehold blueprints.
Freehold building placement
- Players will need to manage how these are arranged to maximize adjacency bonuses.
Depending on where your place you're freehold, you're gonna have different environmental tiles available to you and those will kind of enable or buff existing structures that you place in your Freehold... I don't know that we would put like fish farming just for a freehold that's on a river. What we would probably do is give you a buff to fishing in that area. That kind of a thing. So there'll be more buffs for existing things rather than necessarily a special buildings just for that area. But again we're not fully baked in on that system yet, so it's very possible though we end up going down that direction. – Jeffrey Bard
- Houses will be empty when purchased.
- Players may place Furniture, artwork/paintings and other decor items in their player housing.
- Items may only be placed in locations that are suitable for that item. For example: Statues, may only be placed in exterior locations (of Freeholds and Static housing).
- Each size of player-owned housing determines how many decor items can be placed in it.
- Prized items such as achievements and trophies may be displayed.
- Characters will be able to interact with furniture items such as sit in chairs and lay in beds.
- Players will not be able to alter structural aspects such as windows and walls.
- There may be decor items that are representative of unique weapons that are available in the game.
- Furnishing items with in-game functionality will be restricted entirely to those created by the Carpentry profession.
Your ability to craft more luxurious furniture comes with how much of a master craftsman you've become in the furnishing profession... This isn't like you know, I want my house to look good, I got to fork over 50 bucks in cosmetics... Players can craft in-game based on their dedication and focus in that aspect the artisan tree. – Steven Sharif
- Gathering professions, such as Farming and Fishing.
- Crafting stations can be located on freeholds.
- Freehold buildings can be used to process gathered resources into processed goods, such as Animal husbandry and Smelting.
- Player owned businesses such as taverns can be placed on freehold plots.
- Processing involves the refining of raw materials obtained from gathering and item deconstruction.
- The bulk of the time spent in the artisan system resides in the processing branch. The processing time varies based on the quality of the processed goods.
- Blueprints are required for the construction of the freehold buildings that are used to process resources into processed goods.
- That's going to be very important as you get to very late game processed materials that are required. Because some of these things might have days to process within a station, but if you have spent the time and done the work to advance that processing station you could cut that down considerably, perhaps even greater than 50 percent; and that's going to have a significant impact on your ability to either control markets or to create goods. – Steven Sharif
- There will be a preparatory phase to provide the building with needed fuel or other materials to process the required grade of materials.
- Processing as it stands for Alpha-2's implementation is that there is a certain amount of prep work that's required first for the industry-specific component, which is the building. That prep work might be finding a certain amount of lumber to light the fire in kiln or whatever, to a certain temperature in order for you to process a certain grade of ore; and that grade of ore being malleable then into an ingot; and that produces that ingot so-to-speak. Now, in that process there's a gathering component, there's a preparatory phase, there is a time-related component. – Steven Sharif
- There will also be time-related and gameplay elements that require the player to interact with the processing building. These elements act to throttle for the introduction of processed materials from raw gatherables into the economy.
- There's also possibilities that the machine you're using itself has some type of gameplay layer- should the kiln get overheated, and you have to throw some water on it or something. There are elements there in that process that we want to mimic this gameplay opportunity for players to interact; and not just be a time-sink. But time-sink is also a component of it as well, because that's the throttle for the introduction of processed materials from raw gatherables into the economy. – Steven Sharif
We want there to be progression in many systems and part of the freehold progression is that when you establish these base buildings the longer and more productive you are and exist with that freehold, the more opportunity those buildings will have to both level up: offering new bonuses, new abilities, new capabilities; and just surviving in this world is a feat in and of itself, so it's rewarded by allowing progression with those things. – Steven Sharif
- Quests that might only be gathered from the player-owned taverns.
- Meals that grant buffs for a period of time after a player leaves.
- Recipes that could potentially be sold to cooking professions, that may only be obtained from a player-owned business in a certain area.
- Artisan freehold features are also affected by adjacent terrain features. For example: building next to a river provides a nearby source of clean freshwater, and will have a positive effect on crops.
- This will affect Farming and Animal husbandry professions.
- Since players may only have one Freehold, they must choose their Artisan specializations accordingly if they wish to place it in the Underrealm.
Freehold building skins
- Building, ship, caravan and mount cosmetics require an in-game item to be obtained first to apply the cosmetic.
I had a meeting with the Design Team the other day (as they are working on further details for the Freehold System) to help clarify some of the answers to the questions y'all have been asking, and they will be sending me information. Once I receive this, I will be working on a content update to reflect that information, and going forward, we will provide those details on each individual cosmetic item. Updating all the past items to provide more clarity on what in-game item types you can place the cosmetics on will take time once this process begins, so please bare with us as we start from present to past items, updating their information. – Margaret Krohn
- Ability to claim citizenship to a node.
- Additional benefits are granted to home owners who are also citizens of that node.
- Ability to place furniture and other decor items.
- Storage containers.
- Crafting benches to craft furniture and other items.
- Prized items can be displayed within a house.
- Achievements and trophies may be displayed.
- Social activities.
- Housing may provide proximity based bonuses.
- Freeholds allow the owner to sell consumables that are only purchasable from specific buildings.
- Ability to open the door and enter the home.
- Access to crops.
- Ability to deposit or withdraw items from storage containers.
- Permission to use furniture or crafting stations.
A property has a single owner.
- Marriage enables family size to increase by one so that housing access can be shared.
- Access lists can be used to mimic co-ownership.
- Payment of taxes may be via a "gentleman's agreement".
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
It'll be a single owner based system for those types of properties- for properties in general, but it doesn't prevent players obviously from you know collaborating and pooling resources in order to achieve certain achievements in the game. – Steven Sharif
- Duels may be initiated within a freehold or node as they are considered self-contained events that are opt-in by all parties, and do not fall under the player flagging system.
- The freehold is intended to be a protected area unless there is a siege and the town gets destroyed. If the town gets destroyed, the freehold's up for grabs and it becomes a PvP area. – Steven Sharif
- NPC guards that permanently exist on a freehold are not a planned feature.
- Guards may be available for hire to defend freeholds after a successful node siege.
- Q: We were discussing in chat earlier about freeholds and whether or not a person would be safe in their home or within the entirety of their freehold from getting player killed?
- A: I think our initial testing is going to revolve around the footprint of their freehold and then we'll take into consideration the metrics gleaned from that testing. – Steven Sharif
- Previously it was stated that permission to decorate but not take anything from the house would be able to be assigned to other players.
- Players and their allies may defend their freehold for this period of time.
- Structures and guards may be obtained to defend freeholds during this period.
After the two hour period of open combat following a successful node siege, any remaining freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another node may take over the zone of influence of the freehold.
- The freehold owner will be required to undertake a quest process to have their freehold adopted by a new node if one exists.
- At the end of the grace period, if the freehold does not reside within the ZOI of a stage three (Village) node or above, it will be destroyed.
- Players who are registered as a defenders of their node cannot loot their own destroyed freeholds.
If a siege is successful, then the Node is brought down to Level 0, and anyone who was a citizen of that Node is no longer a citizen. Freeholds within the Zone of Influence are subject to a period of vulnerability. These Freeholds can be destroyed by other players during a period of roughly 2 hours after a successful siege. Destroyed Freeholds are subject to material loss, and blueprints for them are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement in order to allow the player to keep their Freehold’s layout and structure. Once the vulnerability period is complete, any remaining Freeholds will exist under a grace period for roughly 1 week where another Node may take over the Zone of Influence of the Freehold. – Margaret Krohn
- Blueprints are mailed to the player to utilize for future placement.
- Destroyed freeholds are subject to material loss.
- Certificates will track major milestones (such as Furnaces and Homesteads, for example).
- A possible design idea is for items such as furnishings to be boxed in crates that are accessible inside the new home.
Node building destruction
- NPC-driven events that are a response to story arcs or node atrophy.
- Node sieges and node wars.
- Hazardous events such as tornadoes or hurricanes.
- Players must repair damaged buildings (or rebuild destroyed ones) in order to reactivate the services from those particular buildings.
- Node governments must clear any rubble on plots before any buildings can be reconstructed. Any prerequisites for the building reconstruction must be satisfied beforehand.
- Buildings also live within a prerequisite system. So in order to build down the tech tree of what these buildings provide, as the node grows larger to access stronger building types, you may get a kink in that chain if it's destroyed and you'll have to stand that back up in order to support the service again. – Steven Sharif
- If the node is destroyed by a node siege, the debris field will contain spoils that are lootable to the victors of the siege.
|Player housing||Type.||Availability.||Starting count.||Ownership limit.|
|Apartments||Instanced.||Village stage and higher.||50.||One per character per server.|
|Freeholds||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||Ample.||One per account.|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||8.||One per character per server.|
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- Static housing and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
2021-04-15 2021-04-04 2020-05-29 2018-01-19
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (36:29).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (42:01).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (35:36).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Wywiad, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-10-16 (56:42).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (45:23).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-10-16 (56:38).
- Video, 2017-05-25 (0:02).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-19 (32:23).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (1:52:33).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-05-09 (40:24).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-04-29 (1:03:44).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-26 (34:21).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Velkor's Eye.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (9:58).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-06-28 (1:09:22).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-08-28 (2:14:06).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-26 (44:11).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (41:27).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-12-06 (44:14).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-10-31 (46:18).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (26:22).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (29:54).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (38:04).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-01-28 (1:13:55).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-05 (30:53).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-22 (56:31).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-06-25 (1:31:04).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-08-17 (10:54).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (39:47).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-06-01 (24:30).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-12 (1:00:18).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-02-25 (1:12:27s).
- Podcast, 2021-04-11 (40:20).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-18 (41:03).
- Wywiad, 2020-03-27 (9:00).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-05 (34:15).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (29:56).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (48:29).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-26 (50:00).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-05 (15:47).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-11-30 (57:50).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (58:32).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (51:58).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-19 (26:40).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-04-30 (1:12:33).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-06-28 (1:23:31).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-02-09 (51:57).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (59:11).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-17 (1:03:23).
- Wywiad, 2018-08-08 (6:44).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-11-19 (54:26).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-01-18 (31:05).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-12-23 (1:29:27).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-19 (28:04).
- Wywiad, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-08-28 (2:04:00).
- Blog - Know Your Nodes - Advance and Destroy.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-19 (29:34).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-02-26 (1:11:13).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (1:00:57).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-03-31 (1:13:00).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (59:38).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (14:21).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- Wywiad, 2019-04-21 (45:45).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-04-30 (1:14:12).
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).