Personal inventory limits are tied to a backpack. Material and gatherable items are subject to quantity rather than weight limits. Caravans and Mules are intended to be the primary mode of transportation of goods beyond these limits.
- Mules can carry roughly 10 times more than backpacks. Caravans can carry roughly 10 times more than mules.
- Caravans will have carrying capacity limits and customizable stats, such as defensive points, speed and number of hired NPC guards.
- In my opinion, and this is of course subjective, but weight management is not a compelling mechanic for players to have to deal with in an MMO setting. – Steven Sharif
Inventory capacity has quantity (stacking) limits based on the type of item. For example: The stacking limit of potions might be one hundred. The stacking limit of food items might be 999 or 1000.
- A player's inventory has sections for different types of items. Quest items for example will not fill a player's regular inventory capacity.
- Inventory capacity will be relatively limited for new characters.
- Players will have the ability to search for items they have stored in various locations (such as personal storage and node warehouses).
- We want you to know where the things are; and then the meaningful aspect of that thing is traveling to those locations to access some of those things, particularly as it relates to materials and raw gatherables. – Steven Sharif
- Inventory expansion and weight management training certificates are available in the Galleria at City stage economic nodes.
A backpack (also referred to as a Bag) is an item crafted by artisans that provides personal inventory space.
- Backpacks are equippable in a character's back slot.
- The higher level the backpack, the greater the inventory space.
- Different backpack types cater to different activities.
- Gatherer's backpacks are intended to carry gatherables.
- Adventurer's backpacks are intended to carry consumables and items.
- Player death drop rates can be affected by the type and quality of backpack.
- There's item progression as it relates to quality of bags, types of bags, and the materials they're most used for. Some of them are more PvP oriented that can reduce significantly drop rates for PvP as a result of that progression. – Steven Sharif
Mules are mounts that assist in the transport of goods, resources, and gatherables to increase a player's carrying capacity. Mules transport goods on a much smaller scale than the caravan system.
The caravan system is an open world PvP system that revolves around opportunity and risk. Caravans facilitate the transfer of goods for players wishing to turn a profit.
- Caravans are for the transfer of personal goods, supplies for castles and nodes, as well as quests.
- Caravans are initiated from and arrive at caravanserai node buildings within Village (scena 3) nodes and above.
Items transported by caravan must be stored in crates.
- There will be small, medium, and large crates. The higher quality the crate, the greater its capacity.
- Crates will be required to transfer supplies between caravans and storage points.
- Crates are a potential design idea that will undergo testing and iteration during Alpha-2.
- Transported goods by caravan require crate capacity first and then can translate into storage capacity within a warehouse inventory management system or a personal inventory bag management system. – Steven Sharif
Storage points exist at warehouses within nodes and in chests (storage containers) that can be placed in freeholds and static in-node housing.
Player housing storage
Chests are a type of furniture that provides localized storage within a specific house.
- Players must obtain and place storage containers in their player-owned housing.
- Different grades of storage containers have different inventory capacities.
- There are restrictions on the grades of storage containers available in different types of houses.
- Access permissions can be set to allow others to access a player's personal storage devices.
- Personal storage chests may be set to permit access by family or guild members.
- Transfer of resources and materials to alts will only be possible via player housing storage, as this is local to the specific house.
- Players are prohibited from moving goods out of depositories within a node following a siege declaration against that node.
- Gatherables and processed goods that were stored in in-node housing and apartment storage chests become lootable upon a successful siege against the parent node. These do not become lootable if the node survives the siege- even if the housing buildings are destroyed or damaged during the siege.
- Corrupt players are able to utilize private storage in their Freeholds.
- Personal caravans may be launched from any point of storage (including chests).
Nodes advance to the first stage quickly. This enables NPC services such as vending or banking items.
- Banking between characters will likely be restricted to Furniture and completed items.
- A warehouse ability may enable a player to transfer non-material goods between alternate characters. This excludes resources, materials or anything that relies on the caravan system.
- Raw gatherables and materials are not able to be mailed by players.
- Purchases of anything other than materials and gatherables from integrated auction houses will be mailed to the purchaser.
- Social messages sent via mail will be received instantly.
- It hasn't been decided whether crafted items such as gear will be able to be sent via mail.
- From an item standpoint obviously we can't allow mailing to include any type of resource material or raw gatherable because those are central to the gameplay and transiting through the caravan system and economic regions. But it may be possible to send completed crafted items like you know gear, equipment, stuff like that. But it's something we're still discussing. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ Video, 2023-01-27 (9:43).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-15 (45:19).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-04-27 (6:11).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (54:55).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (1:27:18).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-07-18 (44:57).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-22 (40:41).
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-25 (1:14:13).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 11.4 11.5 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-02-25 (1:10:00).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (22:57).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-07-29 (1:17:33).
- ↑ Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2023-04-28 (1:08:55).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2019-05-30 (1:09:17).
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2023-04-28 (1:18:48).
- ↑ Blog: The Hungry Quadruped.
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Kickstarter - Mounts, Tigers and Bears!
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (1:03:35).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 About Ashes of Creation.
- ↑ Video, 2019-07-16 (0:00).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-15 (45:20).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-08-26 (1:20:17).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-07-29 (3:21).
- ↑ Wywiad, 2018-05-11 (28:21).
- ↑ Wywiad, 2017-01-20 (4:19).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-28 (1:36:10).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (41:45).
- ↑ Wywiad, 2018-12-06 (20:30).
- ↑ Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2021-06-25 (22:34).
- ↑ 35.0 35.1 35.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2021-07-30 (1:14:33).
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 36.3 Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2018-08-17 (10:54).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2021-04-30 (1:12:33).
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (51:58).
- ↑ 40.0 40.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2019-06-28 (1:23:31).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- ↑ Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2021-04-30 (1:14:49).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2018-04-8 (AM) (23:18).
- ↑ 48.0 48.1 48.2 48.3 Transmisja na żywo, 2021-01-29 (1:14:53).
- ↑ Video, 2018-09-06 (3:53).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2018-07-09 (50:16).