The general in-game currency is referred to as gold.
- There are also specific progression-based currencies that cannot be traded.
- Social organizations.
- Tavern games (potentially).
- Monsters don't drop gold, they instead drop hunting certificates.
- Game currency does not have weight.
- There is no cap on how much currency a player can hold.
Players do not lose gold upon death, no matter their corruption level.
Embers are a virtual currency that can be used to purchase cosmetic items within Ashes of Creation and Ashes of Creation Apocalypse. Embers are obtained in the following ways:
- By redeeming Intrepid Bucks.
- By purchasing Pre-order packs.
- By direct purchase from the Ashes of Creation cosmetic store.
- 1,000 embers cost USD $9.99
- 2,750 embers cost USD $24.99
- 4,025 embers cost USD $34.99
- 7,200 embers cost USD $59.99
- 13,500 embers cost USD $99.99
Embers can be saved and used in the Ashes of Creation MMORPG to purchase cosmetics after launch.
Embers were able to be be used in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse to purchase unique cosmetics or to purchase the Legendary adventure path.
- Adventure paths in Ashes of Creation Apocalypse, allowed players to earn embers just for playing. Those embers will carry over into the MMORPG.
Once used, embers cannot be refunded or exchanged for different items.
Players who refer and invite new players can receive 15% of their account purchases back as Intrepid Bucks.
- This only applies to purchases made with an applicable payment method. Purchases redeemed using Intrepid Bucks are not eligible.
- Personal information, including usernames, are not used for referrals due to privacy constraints.
Referrals require the registration of a new account, either with a personal referral code or via a referral link.
- Referrals cannot be retroactively attached to an existing account.
Ashes of Creation intends to use traditional loot rules, selected by the party or raid leader.
- Group loot rules are defined on a per-rarity basis.
- A majority of party members must vote to approve any changes to group loot allocation changes.
- The developers are considering using a double-tap interaction to loot all containers within a close proximity radius.
- There won't be auto-looting pets.
- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- With round-robin looting, party members take turns looting.
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system.
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
Intrepid Bucks earned through the Referral program can be used to reduce subscription costs (to zero).
- In-game currency will not be able to be used to purchase subscription time. This may change in the future.
We want to make sure that there's no "interactability" between any type of pay-to-win scenario where our players can exchange those in-game types of currencies to pay for subscriptions. – Steven Sharif
Items that are dragged out of a player's inventory are destroyed.
- Allowing player-dropped items (such as Gear and Currency) to exist in the world is likely not going to be allowed.
Game masters (GMs) will be present and active on Ashes of Creation servers.
- On the customer service side, we do plan to have in game GMs. We do plan to service people in the best way possible. And we will grow our service team as much as we need as our player base grows. – Margaret Krohn
- The direction that I'm taking Intrepid as a company in is that a significant portion of the revenue created by the game goes into not only creating additional content and updates for the game but also goes into I think caretaking, as I like to call it; and that caretaking is multiple things: It's having active and present GM's on servers. It's having a an interacting community team that is always present and on-call for participating in forum discussions and streams and updates. – Steven Sharif
- There will be a standard escalation system, where different actions are taken based on the seriousness of each infraction. Actions could range anywhere from being stripped (of the illegitimate items or currency) to being banned for a period of time, or being permanently banned.
- Following a standard approach to an escalation system where certain infractions are immediate and automatic bans and some infractions provide a path forward where action is taken that might ban the account or strip the account or provide some chat bans or the ability to play over a week or so... If you buy gold and depending on the the seriousness of the infraction you could go anywhere from being stripped and to being banned for a period of time to being permanently banned. – Steven Sharif
- Botters, cheaters, gold sellers, and RMTers, will face harsh penalties from the GM and community teams.
- When a player takes their play experience to the point of harassing another player, and doing so on a repetitive basis, in order to diminish their play experience, it is a ticketable offense. If you are following around a streamer or you're following around a player and your intent is to keep them from playing the game or to force them to quit, that is a dirty player mindset. It's a bad player mindset. It's a griefer's mindset. It's not something that's desired in the ecosphere in the community of Ashes of Creation. And as a result, it is a serviceable customer service situation. That is where warnings are given and actions can be taken against the account holder of an individual whose sole purpose is to disrupt and affect negatively the gameplay experience of the game. – Steven Sharif
- Players that work outside of the game design to grief or harass other players are actionable by customer services.
- I believe that so far in development we have demonstrated the level of customer service and community engagement that will be on display after our live launch. You are right however in saying that many of these problems that can arise on the fringe of certain systems will require an active GM support team available to address problems that the user base encounters
- The volunteer moderator program will continue (post-launch).
Security systems will be in place to combat cheating, exploiting, botting, gold selling/real money transactions (RMT), item duplication and other things that affect the economy starting from Alpha-0.
- These systems collect user data and flag abnormal activities for investigation. This combined with player reporting functions generates a live "heat map" that draws attention to unusual behavior.
- We do have already built into the game on the outset is essentially behavioral metrics. So in the game, as a player does normal things and they acquire normal gold, that's all good and well, but if there starts to be item IDs that appear on the player account that are out of the norm, like either a large amount of gold, or significant legendary items, what it does in the back-end it flags the account for view so that we can take a look at where did this item come from. Is it coming from a known gold seller or a flagged bot, or whatever; and then we investigate. So we're going to be pretty hard on the ability for players to subvert the natural economy systems by RMT or botting. – Steven Sharif
- Botters, cheaters, gold sellers, and RMTers, will face harsh penalties from the active GM/community team.
- It's important to note that there is a sanctity that must be protected within the game from RMTing; and let me just go into a little diatribe about this: But in games that I've played where the company or the publisher does not enforce rules, it becomes the standard that you buy gold if you want to be competitive. If you want to compete at the top tier levels in certain games, and everyone's buying gold, you almost either have to buy the gold or you're just not going to be able to compete with those people and that's a really shitty feeling to have. Excuse my French, I apologize. That is sucky; and in order for that not to be the case it is the responsibility of the publisher or the developers both to make sure that we have stringent practices from a CS- from a customer customer service perspective- to enforce our rules and to make sure that players are aware if they partake in this there is a huge risk in doing so. It's not going to be a slap on the hand. It's not going to be a "we told you once, we told you twice, we told you three, four, five six times okay. We're just taking some gold away", that kind of thing. We have got to ensure that it is feared to do those things because you know that ashes has active GMS, it has active customer service, it has an active community team. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Press Kit.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 Wywiad, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- ↑ Wywiad, 2021-06-13 (18:40).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-26 (54:00).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2021-03-26 (1:07:00).
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Zendesk - What are Embers and how do I use them?
- ↑ 9.0 9.1
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2018-12-06 (1:00:52).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Ashes of Creation referral program.
- ↑ I created an account before I knew about the referral link. Can I add someone’s referral to my account?
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 14.5 Video, 2023-01-27 (16:44).
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Video, 2023-01-27 (32:01).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2020-11-30 (1:01:40).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- ↑ 18.00 18.01 18.02 18.03 18.04 18.05 18.06 18.07 18.08 18.09 18.10 18.11 Group dynamics blog.
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2023-01-27 (1:08:06).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-04-29 (1:04:52).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-11-30 (1:12:03).
- ↑ 22.0 22.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2017-06-01 (20:47).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2021-04-30 (1:14:49).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (13:19).
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-28 (29:32).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 26.3 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-08-26 (1:32:45).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 27.2 27.3 Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (48:30).
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 28.3 Transmisja na żywo, 2018-02-09 (20:40).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-28 (13:53).
- ↑ Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 33.2 Wywiad, 2020-07-19 (1:12:37).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (38:35).
- ↑ Massively OP, 2017-06-1