Players will be rewarded for exploring.
- Exploration is a huge part of the game and there are a lot of systems that are dedicated to rewarding exploration.. – Steven Sharif
- Utility skills exist that can help players discover hidden paths and entrances and may lead to discovering hidden quests.
- Certain relics can only be discovered through exploration.
- Constellations may only be seen at certain times at specific locations.
- It's widespread how exploration can affect many different progression paths within the game; and it's not just about visiting an area once and never coming back, because timing matters as well. – Steven Sharif
- Travel times are important in Verra, but it will be easy to get lost or distracted by threats and opportunities.
- Threats can come in the form of monsters, events, and Open-world PvP.
- Opportunities include resources (gathering, transporting, storing, and trading), points-of-interest, achievements, and treasures.
- It'll be easy for you to get lost in AoC. That is our goal from an exploration standpoint. – Steven Sharif
- Q: Since travel times are important, what is there to discover that will distract you from going straight to your initial destination? What makes traveling adventurous in Verra?
- A: Aside from threat and opportunity, which are probably the two biggest distractions that you can encounter while traveling through Verra- those come in different forms: Threat. in the form of monsters and events. Opportunities, in the forms of resources and POIs. There's also achievements that are based around exploration. There's treasure maps that can be found. There's a lot of different things that intersect with travel: The movement of resources. The storage of those resources. In which locations, what are available to be sold and purchased at different locations. They might make you detour for. All of those things contribute to why I would go somewhere and instead change my direction. – Steven Sharif
Treasure hunting is not exactly "cartography", but it does involve maps that help to pinpoint the location of hidden treasures throughout the world.
- Treasures (and treasure maps) will enable players to reap economic gains from exploration.
- The more treasure a player finds the better maps they can create.
- Hints are given through rumor mills, interaction with different NPCs, and gaining access to potential dig sites.
- Treasure hunting will be a "way of life" rather than a profession.
Treasures may also be obtained through fishing and by exploring naval content.
The name of the Ashes of Creation world is Verra.
- Verra exists in the material plane.
- There are constellations and multiple moons in the night sky of Verra.
- Players start in Verra a few short months after the very first expeditionaries were sent through the divine gateways when they opened from Sanctus.
Verran continents and locations:
- The Dünzenkell Mountains.
- The Kaela Riverlands.
- The Jundark.
- The Sandsquall Desert.
- Draakath Bohr.
- The Frostgrave Fells.
Landmarks are scattered throughout the world, allowing players to judge their position on the map.
From a lore perspective these statues have been around for a long time; and they are representative of the civilizations that existed once on this world before. – Steven Sharif
Major visual landmarks. You can look all the way across the horizon have an idea where you're going or where to meet friends or where to meet just based on these huge landmarks in the world. – Mat Broome
|From one end of a Metropolis (scena 6) node to the other||2.83 minutes||1.67 minutes|
|From the center of a node to the center of its direct neighbor||5 minutes||3.5 minutes|
|From the northernmost to southernmost points of a continent||75 minutes||50 minutes|
The history of each server will be tracked and visible to players in a node's library.
- We're gonna keep track of the history of the world so that we can tell people the story up to the current day. A player who's brand new, who's come in at the six-month mark can take a look at each server, what each server has done, how each server has tackled the storyline; and they can decide for themselves what community they want to join; what version of the world that they want to take part in. – Jeffrey Bard
- Scribes may be able to collect and record information about the events of the world as they see it from their point of view.
At Village (scena 3) the scientific node's unique building is the Library. Players can use the Library to access information, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Historia strony of narrative events and when they occurred.
- Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources.
- As players report resource locations to their library, node citizens will see updated information for those resources on their map.
- Locations and inhabitants of new dungeons or POIs (points of Interest) that have spawned.
- Runic power stones for armor.
- Common armor and weapon recipes (level 25 and under).
Reports of information to the library may expire after a period of time (say one week). After which new reports will be required to update the existing information.
You'll get that shroud of war functionality for the week after a report but if it doesn't receive a follow-up report after that expiration period then it will not be updating real time. – Steven Sharif
Alpha-2 easter eggs
- Creative director Steven Sharif's sandal is present on a statue at the entrance to the Tower of Carphin dungeon.
Alpha-1 easter eggs
- Creative director Steven Sharif's portrait is present as a painting in-game.
- Creative director Steven Sharif's sandals are present as a painting in-game.
- The Alpha island map is present as an in-game map prop.
- The Alpha island starting area quest giver Sergeant Landry is referred to as an "easter egg throwback to the original".
Alpha-0 easter eggs
There may or may not be a pair of sandals; if found will grant you some major boon or benefit... You might need a utility skill to find them.
Ashes of Creation Apocalypse easter eggs
There is a sandal out there. We will also have prizes and achievements for finding the sandal. – Steven Sharif
2022-06-08 2020-05-17 2017-10-24
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (36:22).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation wallpapers - April 2022.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Transmisja na żywo, 2023-05-31 (1:09:04).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 5.8 Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (6:51).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2018-07-09 (1:00:00).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-28 (24:28).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-07-18 (53:52).
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2018-05-04 (39:05).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2018-12-06 (40:46).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-04-11 (36:43).
- ↑ 15.00 15.01 15.02 15.03 15.04 15.05 15.06 15.07 15.08 15.09 15.10 15.11 15.12 15.13 15.14 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-08-26 (50:40).
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2020-11-08 (0:00:00).
- ↑ Video, 2017-09-04 (1:16).
- ↑ Video, 2022-12-02 (11:11).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-02-25 (1:15:50).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-12-02 (1:16:19).
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 21.2 21.3 Transmisja na żywo, 2018-08-17 (10:01).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-08-26 (57:28).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-08-26 (53:26).
- ↑ Kickstarter packages.
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 25.2 25.3 25.4 25.5 25.6 25.7 Blog: Know Your Nodes - Scientific Node Type
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Wywiad, 2018-04-20 (9:20).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-26 (51:37).
- ↑ 28.0 28.1 28.2 Podcast, 2021-04-11 (27:34).
- ↑ Video, 2023-03-31 (21:51).
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 30.3 30.4 Ashes of Creation Twitter, April 4,2021.
- ↑ 31.0 31.1 31.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- ↑ 32.0 32.1 Video, 2021-02-26 (11:03).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2021-03-26 (17:46).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (17:34).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-12-15 (1:34:41).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2018-10-31 (45:01).