Przejdź do nawigacji Przejdź do wyszukiwania
A utility skill is a non-combat skill that interacts with the environment. Utility skills lend themselves toward how classes navigate and deal with hazards in the world.
- Classes will have different utility abilities, such as detecting traps and other hazards. For example: The Mage's detection spell casts light and reveals magical explosive hazards.
- Q: What kind and how many special or unique activities can we expect classes to perform outside of combat, such as rogue's opening locks, tracking enemies as a ranger, or removing corruption from the ground as a cleric?
- A: Just thirty minutes ago I was talking about those utility abilities like finding tracks, or cleansing poisons, arcane eye to reveal secret passages. The idea is how do we blend the traditional tabletop RPG role of utility and/or skill checks into the setting of a graphical MMORPG; and I think that it's both a complement of the skill kit that's available and how it interacts with the world for those curated or special designs within these locations. So to answer that question: that is intended- we've shown a little bit of that in the past and it is something that we want to make feel compelling and rewarding and viable as a use-case scenario in many different settings that you might find yourself in within the world. – Steven Sharif
- All classes will have maneuverability/traversal utility abilities.
- Utility skills exist that can help players discover hidden paths and entrances and may lead to discovering hidden quests while exploring.
- Certain objects exist in the world (such as ladders and slides) that aid player mobility.
- We don't just have the approach of your class being reflected in your combat abilities but also there are utility abilities that certain classes have that other classes don't have. – Steven Sharif
- There will be a grappling hook utility skill or item.
- Rogues may also have a spyglass utility skill.
List of utility skills
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Camouflage||Grants stealth at a distance. At mid and short range the Ranger is revealed.||-||-|
|Family summon||Long duration cast (30 seconds to a minute) with an approximate 30 minute cooldown that slowly summons each of your family members to your location (up to eight members). Players cannot be summoned in the following cases:||-||-|
|Pathfinding||Reveals corrupted player locations on the bounty hunter's map. Activating this ability will flag the bounty hunter for combat only to corrupted players for a period of one hour from the time of activation. The pathfinding ability can be toggled on or off.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.||The accuracy of the pathfinding skill is determined by a player's progression in the bounty hunter system.|
|Stealth||This does not render a player completely invisible. Instead, there will be indicators that can help players "feel out" where stealthed individuals may be.||-||-|
Jumping puzzles will occasionally feature in the world.
- Jumping puzzles are present in early Alpha-1 dungeon gameplay footage.
- Jumping puzzles were present in the Alpha-0 Dünheim dungeon.
Mechanics for breathing underwater:
Death by drowning is possible.
- Players that drown will respawn on shore.
Darkness as an environmental obstacle is being considered as part of the game mechanics.
- The developers are requesting feedback on the intensity of illumination and darkness that will be present in Alpha-2.
- In more survival oriented games you're expected to have really dark night times because you utilize instruments like torches and lights that can be present, but when you think about an MMORPG and you think about the types of player numbers and player count you're expected to have in certain locations and dungeons, you need to be able to accommodate those types of visibility lines and those mechanics around that large multiplayer environment. So when you guys are giving feedback think about whether or not you want the outside night time to really be very dark, or if you want that to be reserved for specific locations in game, like certain dungeons and towers where we can utilize mechanics like different types of lighting mechanisms in order to facilitate that more dark feel. – Steven Sharif
- ↑ Video, 2017-05-09 (0:57).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-25 (42:49).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (1:13:19).
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (6:51).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-06-30 (30:34).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-12 (33:10).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-15 (15:10).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2018-01-18 (34:56).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2019-06-28 (1:21:46).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2021-10-29 (1:07:11).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (57:41).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-12 (18:00).
- ↑ Wywiad, 2020-07-19 (1:20:58).
- ↑ Podcast, 2020-07-26 (1:34:47).
- ↑ Podcast, 2020-07-26 (1:32:15).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 23.2
- ↑ Wywiad, 2017-04-27 (9:28).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (48:00).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-01-28 (1:12:27).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-03 (49:39).
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Video, 2020-05-31 (26:42).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-07-28 (39:49).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2018-02-09 (10:42).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-19 (38:46).
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-04-29 (1:08:27).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-07-28 (50:22).
- ↑ Video, 2017-02-07 (0:02).
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 Interview: Ashes of Creation on Building Their Virtual World, 2017-04-13.
- ↑ 37.0 37.1 37.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-12-02 (53:01).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-12-02 (1:08:06).