List of world bosses
- Multiple phase boss fights.
- Random oriented skill usage.
- Telegraphed animations, but no obvious telegraphed templates on the ground.
- Fights will require location, mobility and strategy.
Combat itself will be pretty intricate mechanics-wise. We're going to have different phases of the bosses, there's going to be a lot of adds stuff, there's going to be random oriented skill usage. We're not going to have telegraphed templates on the ground, but we will have telegraphed animations, so it's going to be location, mobility, strategic. It will be something that can not be repeatable in the exact same way from raid to raid, but has a variance between the combat, so raiders are going to have to be fluid in thinking on their feet. – Steven Sharif
- Animation tells.
- Higher performance in earlier phases will increase the difficulty of subsequent phases of the encounter.
- The higher the difficulty, the better the loot tables will be.
- Bosses and mobs will not auto-scale based on group size.
- Utilizing new AI technology that hasn't been seen in other MMORPG projects.
- Bosses are scripted and make decisions dynamically during boss fights.
- NPCs performing "idle actions" to make the world seem more alive has been discussed by the developers but is not confirmed.
- Certain AI behaviors might activate based on progress within an encounter.
- NPCs in certain encounters may be aware of their local environment and can seek cover behind obstacles, for example; but this will not be prevalent in general AI designs.
There are some additional AI parameters that are set that don't relate necessarily to controlling NPCs. There are AIs with regards to the development of the borders for nodes in the direction and also the decisions that are made of which lower nodes to enslave as vassal states. There's AI that relates to a little bit of the stock market that's going to be present in the economy. There's some AI systems that are going to be announced also that are pretty innovative I think with regards to the MMORPG genre and that's going to make the triggered event system very interesting I think; and that's you know with regards to how nodes kind of develop and the environment reacts to that development by you know spawning these triggered events of you know a horde of zombies attacking a city or a legendary raid boss coming out of the mountain. I think there's a lot of opportunity for some of the innovations that's been in the AI sector of game development too to come out in Ashes. – Steven Sharif
There will be a mentorship program where upper-level players are able to benefit from partying and/or helping lower level players; and getting them situated in the game.
- Certain node buildings and organizations offer quests that can be initiated by a mentor to assist new players. Rewards are offered to both the mentor and the mentee upon completion.
There will be activities that are present for higher level players to mentor lower level players. Let's say you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with them, there will be things to do. Will he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and participate? No, because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skill or power. We want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression standpoint. – Steven Sharif
The mentorship program provides individual quests that can be initiated by the mentor based off of what node that they are part of. So these are like quests that are determined by either certain buildings and/or organizations or the mayor; and there are specific ones that are available for mentors to provide mentees; and they can also participate in some of those quest lines as well: Whether that be leading your mentee through a dungeon or providing a location for them to arrive with you at, or escort quests for the NPC caravans. These types of things, when done together with your mentor, will provide benefits both for the mentor and the mentee as well, so you're incentivized to participate with new players. – Steven Sharif
- Whoever is first to loot gets the loot.
- A master looter (or lootmaster) is a player designated by the party leader to decide how loot is distributed in a dungeon or raid party.
- Need before greed
- This is a traditional need before greed system based on dice rolls.
- Since there is very little gear binding in Ashes of Creation, it's left to the party to deal with players who excessively roll Need on loot.
- Bidding system
- Intrepid are investigating a potential bidding system, which allows players to bid on items instead of rolling for them.
Loot tables of world bosses or dungeon bosses have a small RNG chance of dropping gear (completed items). Monsters drop hunting certificates, Items and crafting materials rather than gold.
- There is a much higher chance that materials and unique recipes are dropped that can be used to craft items of equitable value.
- There is a small RNG chance of looting rare and legendary items or crafting materials from mobs based on the level, status and type of mob. This also applies to harvesting resources with a gathering profession.
- Legendary equipment is only dropped by Legendary world bosses.
- Stats on dropped items will vary based on the rarity of the item.
- Loot tables are disabled for player controlled monsters.
- Experience debt decreases the drop rate percentages from monsters.
Hunting certificates is a term that covers items, such as Pelts that house the value of a mob's death. These certificates are specific to an economic region. These are intended as an alternative mechanic to acquire gold.
- A wolf is not going to be carrying a sack of gold. It may instead drop "pelts" that can be traded for gold.
- Hunting certificates will also drop on a character's death.
- Hunting certificates can be traded with hunter NPCs within nodes.
- The level of the node and the distance of the node from the drop will determine the value of the certificate. Certificates redeemed from distant economic regions via the caravan system will provide higher returns (4 to 5 times greater in some cases) than certificates collected from the same region.
- The value of the certificates are also calculated (by the world manager algorithm) based on the volume of certificates being redeemed in each region.
- Hunting certificates may also be used to pay housing taxes and citizen dues.
- Hunting certificates can also be stored within node warehouses.
- Hunting certificates are not intended as crafting materials.
- The first party to obtain a tag (on a mob or boss) will gain an approximately 5-10% edge over competing parties in terms of the total damage done when determining looting rights.
- These numbers will be balanced based on testing.
- At the end of the fight, the party with the highest damage done, including first tagging bonus, will be granted looting rights.
- We have a blended approach of damage done and a tag benefit. So if you tag the boss first, or you tag the loot- whatever the loot target is first- you're gonna get a benefit in the damage overall determination. So if you need to have 51% of damage done in order to qualify your raid, or the plurality of damage done if there's even three or four raids, then tagging first might give you a five or ten percent edge. We'll play with that number- balance it based on testing, but generally that's our approach in competing loot rights – Steven Sharif
- If you want to be able to get those mats from the boss, they're just not going to drop for anybody. They will only drop for a master gatherer who is capable of extracting those resources from the creature itself... The reason why we say there's a lot of interdependencies between the crafters of the world and the raiders of the world and our PvPers of the world is because we don't want to house the capability to attain these things all within the adventuring class. We want there to be an influence necessary from the craftsmen's guild to come in to either come and participate and spoil the boss and gather the goods or something along those lines. – Steven Sharif
- Video, 2020-05-31 (17:20).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-11-19 (55:31).
- Transmisja na żywo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:09:37).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-25 (46:08).
- Transmisja na żywo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (1:14:01).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-22 (49:38).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-03-28 (1:58:18).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-11-08 (12:40).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-11-08 (12:47).
- Wywiad, 2021-06-13 (11:15).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-19 (14:51).
- Wywiad, 2021-06-13 (22:20).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-19 (17:12).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-06-25 (21:24).
- About Ashes of Creation.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-05 (11:55).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-07-28 (43:57).
- Transmisja na żywo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (3:56).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-02-25 (1:03:32s).
- Podcast, 2018-05-11 (24:23).
- Wywiad, 2021-06-13 (24:14).
- Video, 2018-04-05 (40:08).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-09-30 (1:07:22).
- Wywiad, 2018-08-24 (8:52).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-03-26 (26:40).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-11-30 (1:01:40).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-25 (1:24:56).
- Group dynamics blog.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-11-30 (1:12:03).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-19 (8:43).
- February 8, 2019 - Questions and Answers.
- Wywiad, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (44:14).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-20 (21:57).
- Transmisja na żywo, 8 April 2018 (PM) (55:49).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-18 (1:00:15).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-12-22 (1:15:01).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-03 (35:25).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Wywiad, 2020-07-19 (1:08:22).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-10-29 (1:06:31).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-03-26 (1:07:33).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-03-31 (1:23:06).
- Podcast, 2018-08-04 (1:44:54).