- Users will be able to quickly customize UI elements on-the-fly to suit the PvX nature of the game and different styles of combat.
- Customization of UI elements, especially there on the HUD is a top desired aspect of our UI team. – Steven Sharif
- Users will be able to save and load UI profiles, such as switching to a custom UI profile for raids.
- One of the first things we did when we were starting to block in the very base features of our HUD editor was talking about saving and loading profiles. We're going to have options for, when I'm in a raid automatically change my UI to this UI. – Colby Marchi
- The user interface in Alpha-2 will have options to support hover-over casting and double-tap application of AoE effects on the cursor location.
- One of the big goals of our UI team and our design team is to accommodate a whole host of different types of user options that they're capable of setting, because we all have different play styles; and in that regard those include things like hover-over casting, double-tap application of AoE effects on cursor location- just a lot of different options, because people like to play different ways. – Steven Sharif
- It's very important to note that in Alpha 1 you are not going to see a solid UI presentation and that's because our UI currently is still very placeholder very work-in-progress. – Steven Sharif
- Player character nameplates will have first, and optionally last name (surname).
- The name of the character's guild is displayed next to their name.
- The character's nameplate will deteriorate to give an indication of how much damage they have taken.
- An icon will identify the character's class.
- Hovering over a player nameplate will show information such as level, class name, and archetype combo.
- A buff icon will indicate the character's gear and grade.
- The size and priority of nameplates will be relate to their distance (away from the camera).
- The visibility of nameplates can be obscured by in-game objects, such as trees; by utility skills, such as Camouflage or Stealth; or through the use of disguises.
- UI settings will enable nameplates to be hidden, resized, and customized.
- Summoner summons' creature type appears in the nameplate above the summon. This cannot be changed by the player.
- Mob nameplates will have indicators that identify resistances, buffs, end elite status.
- A star format may be utilized to indicate hit point allocation.
- A padlock icon indicates that the secondary archetype is not yet unlocked.
- Character names are unique per server.
- There is a minimum length of three for a character name.
- Special characters, including apostrophes and hyphens, are currently not allowed in character names.
- Currently we don't allow special characters in character names (including apostrophes and/or hyphens). It's possible this changes in the future. – Ry Schueller
- What a character looks like.
- Achievements and server firsts.
- Info on a player's class.
- Character's back story via journal entries (that are shared publicly by the player).
- Traits can be applied that describe a character's history.
You will have a unique homepage for each character and that homepage will be able to be customized by the user to display unique information. It will have a small out-of-game RPG component where you can construct background and traits and stuff like that. – Steven Sharif
That's part of the character sheet desire for us which hopefully will be accessible in game as well by opening a browser through our UI where you can get back history of a character that that character has input themselves into journal entries that they may choose to share with others... For role play perspective we want people to be in depth with their characters. – Steven Sharif
The player can manage what info is shown on the character page.
- In the future there may be a web-based or launcher-based capability to add an account as a friend, but this is not definite.
Floating combat text
- Damage taken appears in red and floats to the left.
- Damage dealt appears in yellow and floats to the right.
- Crits appear larger and are slightly above the other numbers.
- XP appears in white and is slightly lower on the UI.
- Color composition.
- Text size and boldness.
- Damage icons to indicate the ability used.
- Providing maximum flexibility and player customization options for these floating texts I think is super important. – Steven Sharif
- The maximum number of skills a player can have on their action bar will be around 15-20.
- There will be an option to include multiple action bars (hotbars) on a player's UI. For example: One Fighter will be different from another based on what active skills they have chosen.
- Some people like to have a very minimalistic number of hot bars. They don't need necessarily to have three, four, five hot bars that are available; but some people do like that: They want to have all their items listed on their hotbar as well as their abilities, as well as as their mounts, as well as anything that they can essentially interact with as an icon. – Steven Sharif
- Players are not given skills as they level up, they must choose what skills they take.
- There is no spellbook requiring memorization.
There will be multiple hot-bars that you obviously have available, because you're going to have consumables, you're going to have active skills and whatnot. But the number of active skills are not going to overwhelm necessarily the character and be irrelevant especially at certain stages. – Steven Sharif
- Our mantra is really solid defaults, so most people won't need to touch anything, but then the customization for everybody who wants to. – Colby Marchi
- Selecting different UI flavors.
- Resizing, moving, recoloring UI components.
- There will be an option to include multiple action bars (hotbars) on a player's UI.
- Text sizes, text boldness.
- Combat text, such as damage, criticals and crowd-control.
- Target reticles appearances may be offered.
- Combat targeting templates and decals may be offered.
- Adjusting screen shake.
- User interface scale adjustments may be provided.
- Nameplates can be hidden, resized, and customized.
- Saving and loading UI profiles, such as switching to a custom UI profile for raids.
- User interface settings are saved locally.
- User interface layouts will likely not be able to be shared between players.
Various display elements can be toggled on or off.
- Character names.
- Guild names.
- Enemy names.
- Party names.
- Alliance members.
- Particle effects and rendering.
- Effects bloom and brightness.
- Effect elements and channels.
- Motion blur will be togglable on and off.
- We'll have certain features from a scalability setting standpoint that will allow players to even further tone down both the bloom and brightness of these types of effects has. Also in addition some of the elements and channels of those effects as well. – Steven Sharif
- Later stages of game polish will address quality-of-life issues, such as foliage blocking the player's camera.
- We will not allow players to to adjust the density of foliage actors in the world. That will be universal... There are going to be areas that are more dense than others. It's meant to be part of the a part of the world that players can utilize for certain purposes, like hiding in for PvP. However, there will be collision with those foliage actors and the player capsule. So as you might see that bush moving and think, "Huh that's odd. That doesn't look like wind. There must be something there." And that's the immersion that we want. – Steven Sharif
W ustawieniach gry będą opcje pomagające graczom z daltonizmem.
- Things will render in the world out of your current vision. While the quality may change between high end and low end systems, and what settings players select, it's important to us to have the game render in an effective manner, that also adds to everyone's immersion while in the game. – Cody Peterson
- Adjustments will be provided for screen shake and other settings that may be nauseating to some users.
- First-person point-of-view may be able to be achieved by zooming the camera, but the game is fundamentally third-person.
- We don't have the first-person zoom in because when you get into first-person there's a different animation set required for the holding of the weapon: The hands that you see in front of you; and we don't have those animations. So we're really focusing on third-person. – Steven Sharif
- Q: What camera distance is Intrepid using for fights? (WoW vs FF14)
- A: Closer to FF14. We want people to have a wide range of view, especially since our battles will be very large. We want people to be able to visually access their surroundings. – Margaret Krohn
- There will likely be a hotkey that when held down will allow free camera movement in action mode.
- In future the user will have the ability to choose from different reticle appearances.
- Camera field-of-view (FoV) is customizable.
- Camera mechanics are similar to ArcheAge (hold mouse buttons to move the camera).
- Keybinds were not yet adjustable (in Alpha-1).
- Action targeting can be toggled via a key to enable mouse targeting via a reticle that feels similar to a third-person action game.
- Players will be able to trigger skills with combinations of different keystrokes, and reuse the same keys as part of different combinations.
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse included hotkey customization.
- Previously it was stated that English, French, German, and Russian will be supported then Italian, Polish and Spanish be added later.
- Other languages are being considered based on interest.
- User interface localization tools are available in the chat window.
The current plan is for Ashes of Creation to be available in the following languages: English, French, German, Russian, Italian, Polish, Spanish, and Portuguese. Although this may not be the final list of languages we support, we are still looking at which other languages into which the game may be translated.
The world of Verra features an in-game viewable world map. This map is not randomly generated, and begins covered in a fog of war. Players will not be able to see the world until they have explored it or gathered information about it. The world is also full of imperfect information, which will require the player to act on it for verification.
- For example, you may hear a rumor in a tavern that tells you the location of a cave full of weak Kobolds, but this was not accurate as the rumor was started by well-equipped bandits in order to waylay overconfident adventurers.
- These points of interest are determined by Node progression; and not every server will share the same map, as player decisions will vary server to server.
- The map UI will potentially incorporate player created location markers that are visible by other party members.
- Even though we're an open-world that doesn't mean that from a design perspective, especially with the way our economic systems work, that we will want to create Geographic choke points. – Steven Sharif
- The goal is to allow pings and other forms of communication tools via the mini-map.
Text chat channels
|Private message (PM).|
|Node citizen chat.|
|Global (Enabled for Alpha-1 testing).|
- Trade chat.
- Alliance chat.
- Social organization chat.
- Religion chat.
- Chat initiated with people on a player's friend list.
- User created chat channels.
|Tavern voice chat.||Yes.||Maybe - based on testing.|
|Marketplaces/Stall districts.||-||Maybe - based on testing.|
|Dungeons (limited rooms).||-||Maybe - based on testing.|
|Points of interest.||-||Maybe - based on testing.|
We do want to include chat bubbles. We do want to include a host of options that will allow you to manage those bubbles so you can turn them on, you don't see just a field of bubbles. – Jeffrey Bard
- Toggle (global) mute on the entire raid.
- Define who has global speech capacity across the entire raid.
- Granting administrative functions to raid and party members.
If you are joined in raid where you have multiple squads that have connected into a raid for the castle sieges, the leaders of those squads will be able to communicate across all members of squad. So let's say you have five teams of four, for a total of twenty people within a particular raid... there are five that have global speech capacity; and then in those individual parties they'll also have their own inter-voice communication. So party leader will be able to hear their party members and the party members will hear each other, but they'll also be able to hear other party leaders speak as well. – Steven Sharif
- Tavern proximity voice chat may be available based on testing.
User interface commands
||Simulates a dice roll.|
||Textual emote. Example: |
|Invite a character to join your guild.|
|Add a character to your friends list.|
The issue with macros is that from an anti cheat metric perspective it's difficult to define what a macro is against a script. And in order to catch all scripts sometimes you have to prevent the macro usage. So really that's a that's a data issue. If we allow for macros then we lose our ability to precisely ban script users, botters. – Steven Sharif
The character creator (or character customization system) allows players to define the look of their in-game characters, hired NPCs; and potentially creatures raised by the animal husbandry profession.
- Character appearance can be adjusted through a wide range of presets and sliders.
- Character blending provides easy to use customization by morphing together two or more character presets.
- Character sculpting allows detailed customization of every aspect of the body.
Additional character creator features include.
- There will be unlockable features for character customization.
- You have that scar because you participated in this siege, or these many sieges; or you have this tattoo because of your of a cultural background, or because of a quest that was accomplished where you're able to get that. – Steven Sharif
- The beauty of it is that you can save your character- and we already have some of those features available- and load them; and in the future we want people to be able to share those characters amongst each other. – Margaret Krohn
- The ability to undo changes (Ctrl + Z) will be supported, including undoing changes that were made several edits earlier.
- Choosing base idle animations of characters will be possible in future.
- Certain animations, such as blinking, will be present when they don't interfere with the customization process.
- Adjusting the background scene and lighting is a planned feature.
- There's going to be a lot of environmental controls that are offered to the character creator so that people can set it up their scene the way they want to grab screenshots or to grab recordings or whatever they want to do. – Steven Sharif
- Asymmetry in terms of manipulating different components of the body or different body features such as hair, beard, and eyes.
- Asymmetry is going to be functionality that's possible in manipulating either different components of the body or different features like hair. The beard we saw a little bit of that blending with highlights that you can do. Margaret talked a little bit about the eye asymmetry that you can include. Obviously those are going to exist within certain parameters that we want to define on a per-race basis, but it is something that we think is cool. – Steven Sharif
- Body adornments, such as piercings will be possible within cultural limits.
- The developers are considering whether to allow custom tattoos to be uploaded by users.
- My decision is not to allow DPS meters nor add-ons. I feel we have adequate measures in place to prevent a majority of potential third party trackers. I know this subject has passionate voices on both sides and I respect the various opinions and positions many of you have expressed. – Steven Sharif
- The developers do not want addons/mods to be necessary to experience the game.
- The developers believe that DPS meters (parsers) can cause toxicity and other negative behaviors.
- What role DPS meters provide in online communities that I've noticed in the past my experiences: they can be a bit toxic, they can be a bit exclusionary; and that's why we don't want the DPS meters. – Steven Sharif
- Threat meters will also not be present in the game. There will instead be visual in-game queues to indicate threat.
- Meters in my opinion are a removal from the game immersion; and what I mean by that isn't necessarily even the fact that having the meter takes you out of the game per-se, but it is- there's a lot of diegetic approach that you can take that doesn't rely on UI elements like a meter to indicate how you should do a thing; and when you're not utilizing those types of meters you can do different types of strategies and encounter design. You can have things that can be more subtle and aren't going to be immediately given away by a meter indicating something; and that's the type of gameplay that we think that I believe we want to emphasize; and for that reason, we're not going to be including threat meters. What we will be including however are animation indicators. We're going to be including ability indicators to show the tank "hey I might be losing aggro here." I'm observing in the world these immersive elements that are not tied to any specific type of UI, but indicate to me that this monster might be moving off to attack somebody else in a very immediate future; and now I should be using the abilities that I'm saving to regain that aggro, or to lock them down with a taunt or something. That to me is a bit more representative of the type of gameplay we want to to bring in our encounter design. – Steven Sharif
- There will be integrations available for streaming services such as Twitch and a few other services, but it's not something that will be exposed through an API just yet.
- The design of the game API is still under consideration.
We will be providing combat data for individual players in their chat window, that players can filter and analyze for themselves. The goal is to mitigate and make the practice less prevalent through the ease that DPS meters provide. Also to place actionable enforcement for players who attempt to circumvent the decision by use of 3rd party programs, for which we will be monitoring. – Steven Sharif
Emblem, logo and symbol editor
- Guild emblems.
A companion app (mobile app/web interface) allows players who are not logged into the game to have authority over certain services and mechanics. Some functionality may come post-launch.
- Crop rotations.
- Player stalls (Kiosks).
- Mayoral duties.
- Pay taxes.
- Fishing (potentially).
- Parlor games (Tavern games).
- World event notifications.
- Node citizenship notifications.
- Player housing notifications.
- Guild leadership tools such as calendar notifications is a possible feature.
- Specific dates that you can have running as reminders in your guild UI, this will also be something that I would like to be available on the mobile companion app as well. So essentially you can receive notifications via a calendar update on guild events that the leaders or the officers have the ability to pin within the game will also give you notifications on the mobile app as well. That's my intention at least. – Steven Sharif
- Some of it may come post-launch... but we do want people to interact with the game on their phones when they're away from the computer; and we're going to do as much as we can to make that cool. – Jeffrey Bard
2023-09-19 2023-09-05 2023-07-30 2023-01-30 2023-01-30 2022-07-01 2022-07-01 2021-09-25 2020-05-13 2019-12-17 2019-10-08 2018-11-21
- Video, 2023-07-28 (37:19).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-08-28 (1:27:01).
- Video, 2023-05-31 (0:37).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-28 (3:34).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-05 (20:02).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (28:45).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-12-02 (1:00:30).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-06-25 (29:09).
- Blog: Creative Director's Letter, October 16 2020
- Video, 2023-03-31 (10:09).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-03-31 (56:44).
- Video, 2023-05-31 (11:13).
- Wywiad, 2018-05-11 (2:45).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-22 (51:00).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-25 (1:33:37).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-01-30 (1:40:48).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-08-28 (2:07:26).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-25 (53:08).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (1:28:10).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-01-27 (1:08:45).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-14 (48:45).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-09-30 (1:23:28).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-12-02 (1:03:28).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-01-29 (1:21:01).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-01-27 (1:09:36).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-08 (48:39).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-14 (2:53).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-10-31 (48:39).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (13:59).
- Wywiad, 2018-08-08 (28:50).
- Wywiad, 2018-08-24 (6:30).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-12-22 (1:10:16).
- Video, 2022-06-30 (16:39).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-08-28 (1:21:03).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-08-28 (1:24:29).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-03 (15:15).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-03-28 (1:41:42).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-14 (57:45).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-03 (17:59).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-14 (9:02).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (53:48).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-16 (30:02).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-19 (43:09).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (20:11).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-06-30 (48:03).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-26 (5:06).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-06-25 (26:11).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-06-25 (1:31:47).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-05-31 (43:04).
- Video, 2022-06-30 (24:18).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-06-28 (1:22:48).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (53:05).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-09-03 (58:29).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-04-28 (1:03:41).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-01-27 (1:07:12).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-08-17 (1:07:51).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-05-04 (43:35).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-06-30 (1:10:19).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-04-28 (53:09).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-07-18 (52:42).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-17 (35:41).
- Forums - Livestream Q&A 2022-08-26.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-06-30 (52:08).
- Wywiad, 2018-08-17 (4:31).
- Reddit Q&A, 2019-01-8.
- Video, 2022-09-30 (17:00).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-03-26 (59:21).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-26 (38:30).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-07-30 (1:10:22).
- Wywiad, 2018-08-08 (27:38).
- Intrepid Studios Snapchat, 2018-11-30.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (21:24).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-04-8 (AM) (18:04).
- What languages will Ashes of Creation be in?
- Wywiad, 2018-08-24 (2:35).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-17 (1:09:22).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (45:49).
- Wywiad, 2018-08-24 (3:19).
- Blog - Development Update with New Map and Feature Discussions.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-08-26 (46:52).
- Video, 2023-01-27 (4:39).
- Wywiad, 2017-05-22 (22:54).
- The mighty beard!
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-05-27 (2:33).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-15 (30:53).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-08-26 (53:26).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (1:25:11).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-10-30 (1:19:13).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-12-15 (1:09:36).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-01-29 (1:23:23).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-17 (56:50).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-07-18 (48:09).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (34:45).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-08-31 (35:23).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-11-30 (1:20:25).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-18 (1:10:24).
- Wywiad, 2021-02-07 (55:22).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-01-29 (1:20:05).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-17 (57:27).
- Wywiad, 2018-12-06 (2:57).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (39:48).
- The specific implementation of the / command is TBD.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-04-29 (1:02:22).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-12-22 (1:09:38).
- Wywiad, 2018-08-08 (27:53).
- Video, 2022-03-31 (34:16).
- Video, 2022-03-31 (18:47).
- Video, 2022-03-31 (19:14).
- Video, 2022-03-31 (0:00).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-06-30 (09:43).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-08 (48:49).
- Video, 2022-03-31 (29:14).
- Video, 2022-03-31 (16:23).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-04-29 (5:05).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (28:22).
- Ashes of Creation Reddit - Ctrl + Z in the Character Creator (1).
- Ashes of Creation Reddit - Ctrl + Z in the Character Creator (2).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-01-28 (39:30).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-03-31 (56:40).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-03-31 (4:57).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-03-31 (58:47).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-03-31 (59:36).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-03-31 (1:01:08).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-25 (1:11:52).
- Wywiad, 2023-09-10 (34:51).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (1:19:29).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - No Damage Meter?
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-10 (20:02).
- Wywiad, 2018-10-20 (6:29).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-04-30 (1:28:19).
- Wywiad, 2018-05-11 (49:03).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-10 (21:41).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - No Damage Meter?
- Ashes of Creation Forums - No participation trophy.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-07-30 (53:15).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-17 (55:40).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-10-31 (47:44).
- Wywiad, 2018-10-20 (3:35:54).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-07-29 (1:06:39).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-07-29 (1:06:15).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-01-18 (30:18).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (11:00).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-05-04 (54:09).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-09 (28:57).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (9:49).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (11:53).
- Podcast, 2020-11-15 (52:50).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-10 (42:09).