|Query: On the July 31,2020 livestream, Steven mentioned that items sold in player stalls as well as those for sale in auctions are listed on a community board (bulletin boards). Previously it was mentioned that player stall items are listed in auction houses. Are player stall items listed in both places or just in bulletin boards?|
Player stalls (also called Kiosks and rental stalls) are rentable locations near the unique building in an Economic node or in Marketplaces (the constructible building available for placement by mayors of any Town (stage 4) node or higher).
All nodes do have the ability to spawn player stalls. If you're not an economic node and you don't have a market- that's essentially your unique building- then you can construct essentially what is I guess would be called a... marketplace; and that marketplace will then come with certain services and it will come with a certain number of stalls. The economic node as I recall has the ability to construct an auction house and the auction house serves through the economic means the ability to list and sell items and that comes with additional stalls as well for the players. – Steven Sharif
- Player stalls are rentable by node citizens.
- Player stalls may be utilized for a period of time based on the price paid to rent the stall.
- Players are not able to be attacked or robbed while occupying their player stall inside the limits of a node.
- Player stalls do not require the attendance of the character or for that character to be online.
- Bulletin boards that list the items available in player stalls can be accessed from anywhere in the region.
- These give the location of the stall so players can travel there and purchase the items.
- Stall sales are also listed in auction houses.
- This may no longer be accurate.
- Players are able to input required items for repair and also purchase required materials for that repair.
- These certificates allow the placement of a personal shop near the unique building in an economic node or on a freehold.
- This may have changed to certificates allowing personal shops to be placed anywhere in the world.
- Once the economic node has reached metropolis stage, personal shops may be placed anywhere in the world.
- Unlike player stalls, items for sale in personal shops are not listed in the parent node or at auction houses.
- Also unlike player stalls, personal shops require the player to be online.
- A market UI lists the current items available for sale in the node and in the same economic region.
- Encourage localized grouping.
- Enable posting of jobs.
- Quest sponsorship.
- For example: Potions, Fabric will be visually represented in a stall.
- Renewal is disabled once a Node siege is declared until the siege resolved.
We're going to have a UI... you're gonna put the resources in or they're gonna put the resources in. It'll be like an escrow system and then once [the job] is complete you'll get the item they'll get the money.
- 0% durability will unequip items, increasing its repair cost.
- Damaged gear can be reforged at a player stall using a portion of the materials that were necessary to craft the item.
- There is no limit to the number of times an item can be repaired.
For example: if you have an iron sword and then the sword gets damaged from use, you have to use more iron to repair it; and what that does is... make sure that there's significant sinks in the game for base materials so that you are creating a scarcity and demand that's present on the creation of higher goods as well as supplying the necessary decay components for the world. – Steven Sharif
- Armor smithing
- Jewel crafting
- Ship building
- Siege weapons
- Weapon smithing
- Crop rotations.
- Player stalls (Kiosks).
- Mayoral duties.
- Pay taxes.
- Fishing (potentially).
- Parlor games (Tavern games).
- World event notifications.
- Node citizenship notifications.
- Player housing notifications.
Some of it may come post-launch... but we do want people to interact with the game on their phones when they're away from the computer; and we're going to do as much as we can to make that cool. – Jeffrey Bard
- Livestream, 2020-07-31 (1:34:06).
- Ashes of Creation Instagram, 19 August 2020.
- Livestream, 2020-05-29 (1:00:57).
- Livestream, 2019-05-30 (1:26:16).
- Interview, 2020-07-08 (55:05).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (16:36).
- Livestream, 2017-10-16 (59:39).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (35:16).
- Ashes of Creation Store: Confectioner’s Delight.
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (33:57).
- Livestream, 2017-10-31 (28:58).
- The mighty beard!
- Livestream, 2017-05-12 (53:08).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (16:37).
- Livestream, 2017-10-31 (30:34).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (19:11).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (17:47).
- Livestream, 2017-05-05 (32:22).
- Interview, 2020-07-19 (51:11).
- Podcast, 13 May 2017 (25:55).
- Interview, 2020-07-29 (16:46).
- Livestream, 2020-09-30 (1:01:45).
- Video, 2017-04-30 (10:07).
- Livestream, 2018-01-18 (30:18).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (11:00).
- Livestream, 2018-05-04 (54:09).
- Livestream, 2017-05-09 (28:57).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (9:49).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (11:53).