- Players are able to purchase small one room houses (cottages) starting at the Village stage (Node stage 3).
- The architecture of static housing is predetermined by the racial influence of the Node layout and style.
- Taverns and Player shops are not tied to in-node housing.
Static housing benefits
- Ability to claim citizenship to a node.
- Additional benefits are granted to home owners who are also citizens of that node.
- Ability to place furniture and other decor items.
- Storage containers.
- Crafting benches to craft furniture and other items.
- Prized items can be displayed within a house.
- Achievements and trophies may be displayed.
- Social activities.
- Housing may provide proximity based bonuses.
- Small Gatherable/Processing areas to farm special types of crops.
- Players have the ability to sell their in-node homes to other players.
- Citizenship tickets may also grant citizenship to certain node stages. This mechanic will be decided based on testing.
- A player can only claim citizenship to one node at a time.
- You can declare citizenship to only one node and when you declare that citizenship. Let's say for example, one guild perhaps wanting to kind of take all their members and have them all declare the same citizenship to a location. The longer a node exists the higher the prize it is to take and some systems with regards to crafting progression and/or rewards and bonuses or the reliquary that we haven't really touched on a lot, those systems are going to be so enticing that from an incentive standpoint it will compel other groups to either potentially break alliances or siege the city in order to take the goods that are potentially in it. So, from an incentive standpoint we have that at play. Additionally, we don't have a cap per-se that we've announced yet on the citizenship aspect of being in a node, but we do have soft caps. It becomes costlier the higher number of citizens each time one new person wants to join to be part of a node. So, there is sort of a soft cap on how many citizens one node can have and it might be that not all in the guild can participate in that area. So, there's kind of a natural divide: A pseudo faction, so to speak between who is a part of that node and who is not. – Steven Sharif
- Only one citizenship may be declared per account, per server. This may have changed to one citizenship per account.
- Your account is bound to one declared citizenship per server, which means that if you have two alts and your main character on one server you may only be a citizen of one node between those three... If you have an alt on a different server, it could be a citizen of a node as well. – Steven Sharif
- Citizenship is lost if the node is destroyed. A player can then become citizen of another node.
- Node citizenship is not tied to membership of a guild. Guilds don't "own" nodes.
- Players can interact with the node board to get a list of citizens of the node. Clicking on a citizen will reveal information about their guild, society, religion, and property ownership.
- A player does not need to declare citizenship of any node. These players won't need to pay taxes but will miss out on benefits of citizenship.
- Ability to open the door and enter the home.
- Access to crops.
- Ability to deposit or withdraw items from storage containers.
- Permission to use furniture or crafting stations.
A property has a single owner.
- Marriage enables family size to increase by one so that housing access can be shared.
- Access lists can be used to mimic co-ownership.
- Payment of taxes may be via a "gentleman's agreement".
- Mayors are able to allocate treasury funding to hire mercenary NPCs to defend their node during sieges.
It'll be a single owner based system for those types of properties- for properties in general, but it doesn't prevent players obviously from you know collaborating and pooling resources in order to achieve certain achievements in the game. – Steven Sharif
Static housing development
- The Village stage offers small housing types.
- The Town stage introduces medium housing types.
- The City stage introduces large sized homes.
- The Metropolis stage introduces mansion size houses.
If you choose to keep the same size then the next stage will have an occupied small home. So for instance if at stage three there are 8 small home and you own 1, then at stage 4 there are 10 new small homes of which x are owned by previous owners, and 10 new medium homes of which x are owned by upgraded small home owners. – Steven Sharif
New property becomes available at each stage of advancement, but it will be more akin to what was available at the previous stage.
- Only the houses that existed at the Village stage will become main street mansions at the Metropolis stage.
- Houses will be empty when purchased.
- Players may place Furniture, artwork/paintings and other decor items in their player housing.
- Items may only be placed in locations that are suitable for that item. For example: Statues, may only be placed in exterior locations (of Freeholds and Static housing).
- Each size of player-owned housing determines how many decor items can be placed in it.
- Prized items such as achievements and trophies may be displayed.
- Characters will be able to interact with furniture items such as sit in chairs and lay in beds.
- Players will not be able to alter structural aspects such as windows and walls.
- There may be decor items that are representative of unique weapons that are available in the game.
- Furnishing items with in-game functionality will be restricted entirely to those created by the Carpentry profession.
Your ability to craft more luxurious furniture comes with how much of a master craftsman you've become in the furnishing profession... This isn't like you know, I want my house to look good, I got to fork over 50 bucks in cosmetics... Players can craft in-game based on their dedication and focus in that aspect the artisan tree. – Steven Sharif
Static housing destructibility
- If the housing was purchased at a higher advancement than the node currently is then it will be destroyed, otherwise the housing will be scaled back.
Node building destruction
- NPC-driven events that are a response to story arcs or node atrophy.
- Node sieges and node wars.
- Hazardous events such as tornadoes or hurricanes.
- Players must repair damaged buildings (or rebuild destroyed ones) in order to reactivate the services from those particular buildings.
- Node governments must clear any rubble on plots before any buildings can be reconstructed. Any prerequisites for the building reconstruction must be satisfied beforehand.
- Buildings also live within a prerequisite system. So in order to build down the tech tree of what these buildings provide, as the node grows larger to access stronger building types, you may get a kink in that chain if it's destroyed and you'll have to stand that back up in order to support the service again. – Steven Sharif
- If the node is destroyed by a node siege, the debris field will contain spoils that are lootable to the victors of the siege.
|Player housing||Type.||Availability.||Starting count.||Ownership limit.|
|Apartments||Instanced.||Village stage and higher.||50.||One per character per server.|
|Freeholds||Open world.||Village stage and higher.||Ample.||One per account.|
|Static housing||In-node.||Village stage and higher.||8.||One per character per server.|
- Housing will have a base price that scales with the number of citizens in the node.
- The developers are considering an auction-based method for listing new properties that become available for purchase when a node advances.
- Static housing and apartments can be listed and sold to other players.
There's no cap essentially in player originated sales. Those are determined essentially by supply and demand as it is within the game and there's no artificial barrier to how high that demand can go. – Steven Sharif
- Housing ownership can default back to the node if the owner fails to pay their property taxes. A balance and penalties will be charged to the new purchaser of the home in the manner of a "foreclosure process".
- Players will not be able to exceed their allotment of housing in the game.
This will allow players to transfer real property goods. This includes ... static housing, this includes apartments that they may own; and they can sell those because those will have a limited and finite quantity. – Steven Sharif
Rental and leasing concepts are currently under consideration.
Some concepts that we have is going to be rental or leases that could be had allowing players to kind of lease a property for a period of time where they will have control rights over utilizing storage based on the area, controlling the furniture or access point; all that kind of stuff. – Steven Sharif
- Video, 2020-05-31 (38:50).
- Node series part II – the Metropolis.
- Steven Sharif - Clarification points from today’s stream.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-19 (33:57).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (33:34).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (47:32).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-05 (30:53).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (40:20).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (45:32).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (53:20).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-03-28 (1:02:56).
- MMOGames interview, January 2017
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-07-09 (27:12).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-19 (53:24).
- Video, 2018-04-05 (41:48).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-29 (17:26).
- Wywiad, 2018-05-11 (50:05).
- Wywiad, 2018-10-20 (2:36).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-10-30 (1:01:00).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-26 (44:52).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (58:32).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (51:58).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-19 (26:40).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-04-30 (1:12:33).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-06-28 (1:23:31).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-01-29 (1:13:04).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-02-09 (51:57).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (59:11).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (36:18).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (26:22).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-24 (29:54).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (38:04).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-01-28 (1:13:55).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-22 (56:31).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-06-25 (1:31:04).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-08-17 (10:54).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-07-18 (40:14).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-10-31 (36:20).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-11-22 (16:56).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-03-31 (1:13:00).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (57:46).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-11-22 (17:59).
- Wywiad, 2020-07-08 (59:38).
- Podcast, 2021-09-29 (14:21).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-04-30 (1:14:44).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (1:02:12).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (47:10).
- Wywiad, 2018-05-11 (50:47).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (53:41).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-12 (52:01).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-12 (55:01).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (54:03).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (56:08).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2019-05-30 (1:23:41).