Mules are mounts that assist in the transport of goods, resources, and gatherables to increase a player's carrying capacity. Mules transport goods on a much smaller scale than the caravan system.
- There will be smaller mules.
Personal inventory limits are tied to a backpack. Material and gatherable items are subject to quantity rather than weight limits. Caravans and Mules are intended to be the primary mode of transportation of goods beyond these limits.
- Mules can carry roughly 10 times more than backpacks. Caravans can carry roughly 10 times more than mules.
- Caravans will have carrying capacity limits and customizable stats, such as defensive points, speed and number of hired NPC guards.
- Inventory expansion and weight management training certificates are available in the Galleria at City stage economic nodes.
- A player's inventory has sections for different types of items. Quest items for example will not fill a player's regular inventory capacity.
- The stacking limit of potions might be one hundred. The stacking limit of food items might be 999 or 1000.
Items dropped on player death
We don't have deleveling, instead what we have is experience debt. Now the more experience debt you accrue, the greater the detriment to your character; not to the point where you can not get out of the debt. There will always be a way forward to remove your debt. – Steven Sharif
- A non-combatant (green player) who dies suffers normal penalties, which include:
- Experience debt (negative experience).
- Durability loss.
- Dropping a percentage of carried raw materials.
- A combatant (purple player) who dies suffers these same penalties, but at half the rate of a non-combatant.
- A corrupt (red player) suffers penalties at four times the rate of a non-combatant, and has a chance to drop any carried/equipped items based on their current corruption score. This includes:
- Death penalties do not differ between PvP and PvE, but this is subject to change.
- Death by drowning is possible.
- Ashes of Creation Kickstarter - Mounts, Tigers and Bears!
- Livestream, 2020-07-31 (1:17:45).
- Livestream, 2017-05-15 (45:19).
- Livestream, 2017-04-27 (6:11).
- Livestream, 2020-05-29 (1:27:18).
- Livestream, 2017-07-18 (44:57).
- Livestream, 2017-05-22 (40:41).
- Livestream, 2020-07-25 (1:14:13).
- Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- Livestream, 2020-05-29 (41:45).
- Interview, 2018-12-06 (20:30).
- Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).
- Livestream, 2020-03-28 (1:58:24).
- Podcast, 2018-04-23 (49:21).
- Podcast, 2017-05-05 (43:05).
- Livestream, 2017-05-19 (13:37).
- Ashes of Creation Forums - Former Lineage 2 PvP'er wanting to discuss PvP loopholes.
- Livestream, 2018-09-27 (47:46).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (27:11).
- Interview, 2020-07-18 (41:54).
- Livestream, 2017-11-17 (35:20).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (15:41).
- Interview, 2017-04-27 (9:28).
- Interview, 2018-05-11 (3:43).
- Livestream, 2017-05-15 (36:23).
- Livestream, 2017-07-28 (50:22).