Mules are mounts that assist in the transport of goods, resources, and gatherables to increase a player's carrying capacity. Mules transport goods on a much smaller scale than the caravan system.
If a player dies there will be a period of time before their mule despawns. Other players must kill the mule to be able to loot it.
If a player's mule dies its corpse will contain the same percentage of lootable items as the player (based on their flagging status).
List of mule mounts
Many species of mules will be breedable.
- There will be smaller mules.
Personal inventory limits are tied to a backpack. Material and gatherable items are subject to quantity rather than weight limits. Caravans and Mules are intended to be the primary mode of transportation of goods beyond these limits.
- Mules can carry roughly 10 times more than backpacks. Caravans can carry roughly 10 times more than mules.
- Caravans will have carrying capacity limits and customizable stats, such as defensive points, speed and number of hired NPC guards.
- In my opinion, and this is of course subjective, but weight management is not a compelling mechanic for players to have to deal with in an MMO setting. – Steven Sharif
Inventory capacity has quantity (stacking) limits based on the type of item. For example: The stacking limit of potions might be one hundred. The stacking limit of food items might be 999 or 1000.
- A player's inventory has sections for different types of items. Quest items for example will not fill a player's regular inventory capacity.
- Inventory capacity will be relatively limited for new characters.
- Players will have the ability to search for items they have stored in various locations (such as personal storage and node warehouses).
- We want you to know where the things are; and then the meaningful aspect of that thing is traveling to those locations to access some of those things, particularly as it relates to materials and raw gatherables. – Steven Sharif
- Inventory expansion and weight management training certificates are available in the Galleria at City stage economic nodes.
Storage points exist at warehouses within nodes and in chests (storage containers) that can be placed in freeholds and static in-node housing.
- ↑ Blog: The Hungry Quadruped.
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Kickstarter - Mounts, Tigers and Bears!
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2021-01-29 (1:24:27).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2018-09-27 (47:46).
- ↑ Video, 2023-01-27 (9:43).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-15 (45:19).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-04-27 (6:11).
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (54:55).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (1:27:18).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-07-18 (44:57).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-22 (40:41).
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 17.3 Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-25 (1:14:13).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-02-25 (1:10:00).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2023-02-24 (22:57).
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-07-29 (1:17:33).
- ↑ Know Your Nodes: Economic Node Type.
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-05-29 (41:45).
- ↑ Wywiad, 2018-12-06 (20:30).
- ↑ Video, 2020-05-31 (47:32).