Intrepid Studios was founded by Steven Sharif and John Moore, passionate gamers and successful entrepreneurs, who took their knowledge of business and passion for games and set out on a mission to make a gaming company that would build the games players want. Steven Sharif, set out to bring aboard a team of industry veterans, with a clear vision for the company’s first project. These titans of the industry hail from many backgrounds, but all share two common threads: AAA MMORPG development experience, and a passion for building the games players want.
Everyone at Intrepid is focused on building games that help bring people together. Part of what makes us who we are is that ability to connect with others, and we adhere to this design principle throughout our development process. Since the beginning, Intrepid has held to the philosophy of making games with no pay-to-win or cash grab elements – we respect our players and believe that these tactics aren’t necessary if we simply build games that players want to play. That philosophy, combined with a commitment to transparency and communication with our community, reflects the most important values that we as developers can uphold.
- Player feedback is important, but the developers will not change what they consider to be the core identity and vision for the game.
- Player feedback is important, however the identity and the vision of the game is not up for discussion; and so when we talk about the core systems and tenets and philosophies behind what the game that we're trying to make is, we believe that the game we are trying to make resonates with a large enough section of the MMORPG player base that it is a sustainable and profitable venture for us to create that core game. Now, the ancillary systems that live around the core philosophy of Ashes of Creation, or the subtleties and what we need to do in order to make a particular system or feature better... that we want to collect player feedback. – Steven Sharif
- Some game aspects will be more polished than others before they are presented.
- The delicate blend between a transparent development process, but also understanding that [the] majority of your player audience will not grasp, or will not take into context, what a work in progress looks like. So certain things we have to polish to the point where they're presentable; where they can be understood- again in its own context without my verbal support or Margaret's verbal support. – Steven Sharif
- I think that we live in an age where it's easy to be transparent if you're not trying to hide something. The downside is if you're showing something that's not a completed or finished product, it is incumbent upon the viewer to understand that fact. – Steven Sharif
- The purpose of transparent development is to enable participation and feedback from the community without the need to purchase access.
- The whole purpose of our development process being transparent being open is that you don't have to buy a package actually to participate. You can be a voice from the community. You can observe people playing. You can give your experiences and feedback. – Steven Sharif
- I don't answer to a board. I don't answer to a publisher. We answer to our players; and we try to be as transparent as possible with showing our progress; and showing it in a timely manner. – Steven Sharif
- There are obviously going to be some aspects of the development that we will not reveal, like lore and some system mechanics in order not to spoil the game for release. – Steven Sharif
- Kickstarter's most funded MMORPG.
- Kickstarter's #7 most funded video game.
- Most anticipated MMO – MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most anticipated early access hands-on MMORPG – MMOs World.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Independent game.
- Gamescom 2018: Best Online game.
- Best indie MMO of 2020 – massivelyop.com reader's poll.
- Most anticipated MMO of 2021 and beyond – massivelyop.com reader's poll.
- Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond – Forbes.
- 2022 Best MMO Studio – MMOGames.
- Intrepid Studios will be opening offices in Amsterdam to help support their publishing operations in the EU (European Union) and CIS regions.
We have learned a lot from our partnership with MY.GAMES, and we wish our friends there all the best as we have mutually decided to part ways. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce that Intrepid Studios will be opening European offices in Amsterdam to help support our publishing operations in the EU/CIS regions. We have recently posted open positions for our new EU offices, and look forward to hiring the best and brightest in true Intrepid fashion. – Steven Sharif
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse battle royale early access testing ended on March 10, 2020. It was previously available for download on the official website and on Steam.
- The biggest qualifier for the people that we hire at Intrepid, and probably one of the components of why I'm a very selective individual when it comes to introducing new members to the team is, are you a MMO gamer? Have you played MMOs before? Yes, you can model a creature. Yes, you can code a feature. But, do you know what it's like to be the player on the other side of the screen who's going to play the thing you're doing, and do you know what it means to play it? Have you experienced that sense of community? Do you know what the MMO genre is truly? – Steven Sharif
2023-07-08 2023-07-04 2023-03-17 2022-12-28 2022-10-30 2022-09-07 2022-07-08 2022-07-04 2022-05-15 2022-04-17 2022-01-01 2021-12-25 2021-10-22 2021-04-03 2021-02-14 2020-10-01 2020-09-16 2020-07-04 2020-06-28 2020-05-01 2020-03-19 2019-09-11 2018-04-28 2017-11-10 2017-10-22
- Twitter - Ugly sweaters.
- Twitter - #IntrepidLife.
- Intrepid Studios - Official website.
- Video, 2022-12-23 (0:00).
- A chat with Ashes of Creation's Steven Sharif, 2017-06-7.
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-07-28 (1:30:11).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-04-07 (55:22).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2023-03-31 (1:00:16).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-28 (32:52).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2017-06-01 (37:39).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2022-04-29 (21:00).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2021-12-23 (1:23:41).
- Wywiad, 2018-10-20 (3:43:52).
- Transmisja na żywo, 2018-05-04 (39:41).
- MMORPG.com's Best of 2017 Awards.
- Most Anticipated MMORPGs For 2018.
- DualShockers’ Gamescom 2018 Awards
- MassivelyOP 2020 awards reader's poll.
- MassivelyOP reader's poll.
- Forbes: Top 10 Best Upcoming New MMORPGs For 2021 And Beyond
- Twitter - MMOGames.
- Wywiad, 2018-08-21 (11:20).
- Blog: New Adventure Awaits.
- Podcast, 2023-07-15 (46:11).