Przejdź do nawigacji Przejdź do wyszukiwania
- We really wanted to build the combat system to- like i said earlier- be as physical as possible. So we have it very animation driven. Everything is handled based on a reference of animation as opposed to nebulous timings, which allows it to feel very impactful and very responsive. – Keenan Reimer
- We're not going to be having I think unique combat animations. However we will have unique non-combat animations, such as your idle, your walk, your run cycle: things that the combat attacks do not have to blend back into. – Steven Sharif
Animation cancelling will not be a combat mechanic.
- Players will be able to cancel channeled abilities.
- The revamped combat system features split-body animations, where the character's upper body can be locked by weapon attack animations while the lower body is free to continue moving.
- Most abilities in Ashes of Creation are capable of being cast while moving. Some abilities may slow the caster down during the cast, but only rarely will the player be rooted in place.
- Skills with the greatest power may require the caster to remain stationary while channeling them. This is a risk vs. reward mechanic.
- Most abilities you'll find in Ashes of Creation are capable of being cast while moving. Some of those abilities might slow your movement during the cast, but you can continue to move. Very rarely, and depending on obviously the importance of the ability or the power level of that ability, you might be rooted in place. So, for example, the AoE ability [Chains of Restraint] has a lot going on. It has damage ticking over time, it is an area of effect, it also has a status condition application; and in those instances the player character gets rooted. – Steven Sharif
- Unreal Engine 5 has enabled improved forms of locomotion, such as crouching, tilting and mantling.
- The ability to prone is not be in the game.
- Moving backward will likely not affect block and parry.
- Player movement speed during combat is balanced for both PvE and PvP.
- There's a balance in the game design between your movement speed on attack and the movement speed of your opponent. When you have a game that is both PvE centric as well as PvP centric, you have to make sure that combat is blended for both approaches; and we can always run into problems where, if you're significantly hampered in your movement speed, that has an effect on how we expect player versus player engagements to interact; and we don't want to restrict a player's ability to be mobile if they're the target of an attack. And as a result of that we need to make sure that we don't restrict the movement abilities of the player who is doing the attacking as well. So we want it to be relatively free for you to stay with each other. Your opponents move around the battlefield together and if we're hampering you on the attack action, we have to then implement some type of snare, or slow, or cc effect essentially on your opposing target; and that's not the approach we want to take for for PvP. – Steven Sharif
- Q: If a ranger is super mobile, what are the melee's options in order to catch them?
- A: Different class kits will provide different gap closers. They'll provide different mobility skills. They'll have lockdowns. They'll have chains to pull back. They'll have a lot of different things in the rotation. That's part of what an MMORPG experience is. You're not just restricted to three or six skills, you have a rotational suite; and depending on the type of challenges you face is going to help determine which of those rotations you spec into from your skill tree. – Steven Sharif
|Skill||Icon||Rank 1||Rank 2||Rank 3|
|Blink||Blinks forward in the direction you are traveling.||Now deals damage to enemies surrounding your departure location.||Reduced cooldown.|
|Rush||Rush toward a target; and upon reaching the target, deal an amount damage with a chance to knock the target down.||-||-|
Weapon weight refers to how the mass of a weapon affects its performance during combat.
- Light weapons have fewer restrictions on player agency and motion.
- Medium weapons exist on a spectrum between light and heavy weapons.
- Heavy weapons will increasingly lock the player in place during portions of the combat animation.
- There is a balance between player motion and agency as we call it and weapon weightedness- that almost locked-in-place rooted position- the heavier the weapon is, the more restrictions you want to place on that player agency to showcase the rooted effect: That weight- that heavyweight kind of aspect; and so what we've done by presenting you guys with both the dual daggers and the two-handed weapon is we've kind of shown the range between that complete player agency: a player agency in the light weapon attacks that's the dual daggers, and the maximum range of of rootedness or weightedness that's present on the two-handed weapon; and that's the spectrum in which our basic melee combat will exist within. So if there are medium weapon groups that exist in-between there, it's going to be somewhere in between that spectrum. – Steven Sharif
There are interactive social animations and emotes.
Some animations will be agreed-upon emotes that you can initiate with other characters.
- Q: Can we dance on tables?
- A: Technically the tables are in world, so yes... – Steven Sharif
There may be emotes associated with mounts and pets, such as petting, hugging, or playing with them.
- In alpha one you might have seen some of the anims on the rider of a horse that they went down and patted the side of the neck, or they would pet those; but those would be separate actions that you could potentially do as just additional emotes, but interfaces with a mount or pet that you have active. – Steven Sharif
Underwater content will be accessible, not cumbersome.
- Characters are able to utilize their abilities while in the water.
- Stamina does not limit swimming, however breath does.
- Navigational instruments are available to allow ships to detect movement under the water, such as aquatic mounts.
Treasures may be obtained through fishing and by exploring naval content.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Video, 2022-06-30 (20:29).
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Video, 2022-06-30 (21:19).
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-06-30 (53:33).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-12-22 (1:12:56).
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2019-11-22 (1:09:37).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-17 (1:05:11).
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2021-02-26 (27:41).
- ↑ Video, 2021-02-26 (6:17).
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-06-30 (46:30).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2021-07-30 (31:22).
- ↑ Wywiad, 2021-06-13 (4:12).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2021-05-28 (1:13:05).
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 13.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-12-02 (59:47).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-04-30 (1:17:13).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-08 (43:30).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2021-12-23 (55:32).
- ↑ Video, 2021-12-23 (23:53).
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-14 (48:45).
- ↑ 19.0 19.1
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-06-26 (1:30:40).
- ↑ 21.0 21.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-06-30 (49:42).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-09-30 (51:28).
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Alpha-1 screenshot.
- ↑ Video, 2020-12-23 (1:17).
- ↑ 26.0 26.1 26.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-31 (57:33).
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Video, 2020-12-22 (7:35).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-28 (1:29:48).
- ↑ 30.0 30.1 30.2 30.3 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-06-30 (42:29).
- ↑ Video, 2019-09-26 (0:0).
- ↑ Video, 2017-12-04 (1:20).
- ↑ 34.0 34.1 Wywiad, 2018-10-20 (3:30:40).
- ↑ Ashes of Creation Twitter, April 4,2021.
- ↑ 36.0 36.1 36.2 Transmisja na żywo, 2017-11-17 (53:02).
- ↑ 38.0 38.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2022-04-29 (1:04:52).
- ↑ 39.0 39.1 Transmisja na żywo, 2020-07-31 (1:42:41).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2021-01-29 (1:00:57).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2017-05-19 (38:46).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2020-09-30 (55:39).
- ↑ Transmisja na żywo, 2022-10-14 (30:12).
- ↑ Podcast, 2021-04-11 (36:43).